Real Rudraksha is a seed traditionally used as prayer beads in Hinduism. It is associated with the Hindu deity Lord Shiva and is commonly worn for protection and chanting the Om Namah Shivaya mantra by devotees. Real Rudraksha Mala is a string of beads used mostly for meditation purposes. Some people wear Rudraksha Mala to balance their energies and to cure certain diseases.
Rudra is one of Lord Shiva’s Vedic names and Akṣa means ‘teardrops’. So it also means Lord Rudra’s (Lord Shiva’s) teardrops. There are other sources like Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami and Kamal Narayan Seetha who describes Akṣa as an eye. So the meaning of Rudraksha could also constitute “Eye of Lord Shiva” or “Eye of Rudra”.
The seeds are primarily used in Nepal and India as beads for organic jewelry or malas and are valued similarly to semi-precious stones. From One Mukhi to 21 Mukhi beads, a Rudraksha Mala is available in different combinations. And various meanings and potencies are attributed to beads with different numbers of segments (faces/mukh) and rare or unique beads are highly prized and valuable.
Importance of Rudraksha Mala
Found in Ancient Indian Scriptures and texts: From ancient times, the power of Holy Rudraksha beads has been scripted in various religious texts. It is said that Rudraksha Mala brings peace, tranquillity, and calmness to the person wearing it. Spiritual bliss and material gains can be assured by wearing Rudraksha Mala. That is why we have listed some of the benefits of Rudraksha.
- For people constantly on the move, Rudraksha Mala creates a cocoon on their own energy helping the wearer sleep easily and make other adjustments smoothly.
- It is believed that chanting just one mantra diligently can do such tremendous things to anyone’s life.
- As it is known for its mystic healing properties that can help cure various physical as well as emotional disorders. It helps in making a person mentally stable and is extremely beneficial in the treatment of neurotic diseases.
- Rudraksha Mala is beneficial in treating many diseases of the nervous, digestive, and cardiac systems, as well as eye problems, get cured as well.
- Rudraksha Mala saves people from sudden debts and losses, saving the wearer from utter penury.
- Rudraksha Mala protects the wearer from negative energies like ghosts, evil spirits, and other such malefic components of our world.
- A Rudraksha is also very supportive of this involved in certain practices like the chanting of a mantra etc.
Things to do after buying Real Rudraksha Mala
First of all, buy an authenticate Rudraaksh mala, make sure all beads are tied properly, not too tight and the mala has Sumeru bead (Bindu/Starting bead) and the total bead must be 109 (Including Sumeru bead).
After buying the Rudraaksh mala do some rituals that are called conditioning of Rudraaksh:
- Wash it with clean fresh water.
- Clean and dry with a clean cloth.
- Dip mala in ghee for 24 hours
- Then after cleaning it and dip it in cow milk for another 24 hours.
- Finally, wear it in the morning after Puja chanting any Shiv Mantra.
Some do and don’t while wearing a Rudraksha Mala
There are some do’s and don’ts after wearing mala that must be followed to get the maximum benefit of Rudraaksh mala.
Some do after wearing Rudraaksh Mala
- In case you accidentally touch the Rudraaksh with other metal (like gold, or silver), just remove the mala and do conditioning again and wear it.
- Do conditioning every six months after wearing.
- Panchmukhi Rudraaksh can be worn by anyone above 14+ age.
Don’t after wearing Rudraksha Mala
- Don’t eat non-veg food.
- Don’t drink alcohol.
- You can wear mala all time including sleep, and defecate but make sure it doesn’t get touched with metal. Not even a gold chain and all. Wear either mala or any other chain. Because Rudraaksh has an energy that may conflict with metal.
- Remove mala before going through any funeral process and child birthplaces.
- Don’t lend your mala to anyone.
- Don’t show off your mala.
- If any bead breaks then replace it with a new one.
- Don’t mix different types of Rudraaksh in a mala.
- Don’t touch mala, again and again, it’s not a fidget spinner, stop playing with it.
- Make sure you don’t wear Ekmukhi mala, it’s very powerful and rare too.
About Rudraksha trees
Real Rudraksha Tree (Elaeocarpus ganitrus roxb) grows 60-80 feet and is found from the Gangetic plain in the foothills of the Himalayas to Southeast Asia, Nepal, India, Indonesia, New Guinea to Australia, Guam, Hawaii, China, Taiwan, parts of Malaysia and Java (Indonesia).
Real Rudraksha seeds are covered by an outer husk of the blue when fully ripe, and for this reason, are also known as blueberry beads. The blue color is not derived from pigment but is structural. It is an evergreen tree that grows quickly. The Rudraksha tree starts bearing fruit three to four years from germination. As the tree matures, the roots form buttresses, rising up near the trunk and radiating out along the surface of the ground.
Do all the Real Rudraksha have the same power?
Every Real Rudraksha has unique properties and different power from other beads. Each has different deities residing in it depending upon the faces of the Bead. If the Rudraksha acquired is a Genuine Beads of good quality and it is properly sanctified and energized with the ancient technique of rigorous Mantra recitation and Hawan. It must be then safely reached to the person who intends to wear himself. The power is to be then maintained by the person himself following regular chanting of Rudraksha Mantra and practicing regular Hawan.
Can anyone wear Real Rudraksha Mala?
Normally there are no restrictions, anyone can wear a Real Rudraksha regardless of their gender, age, nationality, and caste. However, considering the many types, beads, and different origins of Rudraksha beads, it becomes imperative to seek some qualified guidance. More to this, the Rudraksha should not be cracked and broken it is important to take care of your Rudrakshas.
In order to achieve the best results, it is bests to wear the Rudraksha in the manner prescribed in the ancient texts like the holy Shiva Purana, Shrimad Devi Bhagwatam, etc.
Can ladies wear Rudraksha?
Rudraksha can be worn by everybody. The scriptures clearly state that there is no restriction on Rudraksha based on caste, creed, and gender. Rudraksha exists from 1 Mukhi to 21 Mukhi Rudraksha each is blessed by a deity from the Hindu pantheon. The 7 Mukhi is blessed to Goddess Lakshmi, the 9 Mukhi is assigned to Goddess Durga and the 18 Mukhi is assigned to Bhumi Devi. Further, the 2 Mukhi and Gauri Shankar show Shiva and Shakti in harmony. Based on this and the scriptures it is safe to conclude that women can wear the Rudraksha.
What is Mukhi or Multifaceted Real Rudraksha?
As per details found in the Purana, there are fourteen kinds of Real Rudraksha, which are called Mukhi or faceted Real Rudraksha. Mukhi or faces of Real Rudraksha are deep lines found on the surface of the Rudraksha from the bottom to the top hole. The number of these lines decides the type of Mukhi Real Rudraksha. For example, if a Rudraksha has three such lines it is called 3 Mukhi or 3 faces Rudraksha. Other handwritten Scriptures found with various saints narrate the properties of 1 to 21 Mukhi Rudraksha. It is believed that these beads were available in ancient times from 1 to 108 Mukhi. Now they have become a rarest Natural thing.
Selecting a Real Rudraksha
Rudraksha in their natural state has their own energies that are very beneficial to the wearer. However, Rudraksha can also be specially consecrated to enhance the impact upon the wearer. Assisting the seeker in many ways, they are potent aids for one’s physical, and mental well-being and one’s spiritual sadhana (spiritual practice).
The following is a list of Rudraksha, which has been selected for use by the common man, with the corresponding attributable properties:
Dwimukhi: These are two-faced Rudraksha intended for married persons. It is supportive of marital relationships and should be worn by both husband and wife.
Panchmukhi: These are five-faced Rudraksha that can be worn by anyone above 14 years of age. It helps cultivate inner freedom and purity.
Shanmukhi: These are six-faced Real Rudraksha intended for children below 14 years of age. This Real Rudraksha aids in proper physical and mental development and draws qualities of motherly love toward the child.
Gowrishankar: These are beads that look like two beads fused together and can be worn by anyone above 14 years of age. It aids in prosperity and balancing the Ida and Pingala Nadis (energy channels) and activates the seven chakras. (Real Rudraksha)
Why does Real rudraksha have 108 beads?
A healthy person breathes 21,600 times a day. As per Shastras, out of 21,600 breaths, if a person gives half of these breaths to worldly activities then he should give at least half of it, i.e. 10,800 breaths to spiritual practice. But the same is not easily possible. Therefore, if we can remember the almighty in the one-hundredth part of 10,800 breaths, with devotion and fervor, they are a hundred-fold strong. On this basis, the Real Rudraksha mala has 108 beads.